The game of miniature golf originated in 1917 and has quickly gained popularity as a fun pastime. But how does it differ from adventure golf?
What is Adventure Golf?
Adventure golf is similar to miniature golf when scoring. You’ll want as few strokes as possible at the end of the 18-hole course to be declared the winner. However, the main difference between the two golf styles is the overall experience. While a run-of-the-mill mini golf course may be mostly flat with few obstacles and an uninspired theme, adventure golf is centered around a thrilling exploration rich in imagination and competition. Flowing water hazards, tricky turns, and other surprises are commonplace on adventure-style golf courses.
An Award-Winning Pirate Adventure
Smugglers Cove Adventure Golf provides creative obstacles in a beautifully landscaped paradise. Our interactive, pirate-themed course has plenty of twists and turns that keep the game fun, social, and unpredictable. There are entertaining challenges along the way for everyone, regardless of experience level, and we're proud of being chosen as the "Best Mini Golf in Florida" five years in a row. Golfing at Smugglers Cove is an amazing way to hang out with friends and family outdoors while having a memorable, pirate-themed adventure. There are also excellent photo opportunities throughout each course, so you can create lasting memories and share them with your family and friends!
How to Play Adventure Golf
Playing at Smugglers Cove is easy and fun for everyone. You can take the game seriously and actually play to win or just have some silly putting fun out on the course. The rules for playing adventure golf at Smugglers Cove are:
- The maximum size for each group is 4.
- Once the order is set, each player takes their first shot, then everyone moves to their balls and takes their second shot, and so on. The ball closest to the hole always shoots first.
- Keep score by writing down the number of strokes each player takes to get their ball in the hole.
- Be strategic! Read the clues and study the layout of each hole for your best chance of scoring a hole-in-one.
- If your ball goes out of bounds, pick it up, place it back where it left the course, and add one penalty stroke to your score.
- The 18 holes are numbered, so follow the course in order without skipping any.
- Have fun! Enjoy the scenery, the challenges, and some friendly competition with the company you're with.
Playing Adventure Golf...With Alligators??
Alligators are some of Florida's most well-known native residents and also a vital part of the state's ecosystem. Our educational alligator exhibit is home to 20-25 American alligators, providing a unique opportunity to learn more about this primitive reptile and observe them in a safe environment. Smugglers Cove is one of the few places in the United States in which guests can feed and interact with live alligators, so be sure to take advantage of this rare opportunity.
Whether you're looking for a fun family outing, a unique date idea, or just a chance to spend time with friends outside, you'll make amazing memories on every visit to Smugglers Cove Adventure Golf. Gather your crew and come enjoy a swashbuckling pirate adventure under the sunshine at one of our five adventure golf courses in West Florida.